1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

VOTE - which processor u would go for

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by {TRM}Rooster, Apr 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. {TRM}Rooster

{TRM}Rooster Thread Starter

ok if it were up 2 u wot would u go for. AMD Athlon XP 2200+ or an Intel Celeron 2.7Ghz. (on there own without the rest of the pc)

remember not just to think about speed here, they both hav different strengths.

me and my friend need some advice on wot 1 is better, arguement settler

2. ELECTROFREAK

ELECTROFREAK

AMD all the way.
    Especially if you want to any gaming or multimedia applications
    Because a celeron is junk in my opinion unless you are just doing word processing or surfing the net.
    Thats just my thought though.
    Others may disagree :D

3. active95

active95

AMD.. bigger cache, better pipelines even if it's slower ( but hey then again i'm a AMD Fanboy :D )

4. ELECTROFREAK

ELECTROFREAK

Me too Active
    AMD fan boy for life :cool:

5. Maggz

Maggz

AMD For life

6. {TRM}Rooster

{TRM}Rooster Thread Starter

thanks 4 ur opinion people

7. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    This is a question that has been asked so many times it is almost scary. Though this one has a little bit different twist to it. Usually the question doesnt compare a Celeron against an AMD XP + processor. Ususally it is "Which is better, an AMD XP + or a P4 **?" Now the answer to that question is easy! It is thus, which ever processor you really desire to be better is better. in other words you will never get to two sides to agree. Both sides will have their positives and both sides will have their negatives. So you have to either believe whomever has the most verbose and strongest will, or believe what your own mind tells you. If you go with the money, it will be AMD. If you dont care about the money you might go with the Intel processor. Your own experiences and those ot the people closeet to you will be what decides this one.

8. bookime wood

bookime wood

The amd/intel scenario, whatever floats your boat, on the above cpu, I wouldn't go for either, I would go for a AMD athlon xp2500, for the money how can you purchase anything else.

bookime

9. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    I did not interject my choice in there. As it is in my signature. Besides I really didnt want to be called close minded because Intel really is better. As I said the choice of processors has more to it than letting some one else make the decision for you. Listen to both sides read a bunch of reviews then you make up your own mind. This is the best advice I can give. And besides, just because I choose one processor over the other does not in fact make it a better processor. it just makes it my choice.

10. Ronnie151

Ronnie151

11. Fastlane247

Fastlane247 It's My Birthday!

i would really have to say it depends on what you are doing with the computer. I realy have to say i prefer amd myself but that is because i am a gamer and from personal experience i would say amd runs games alot better. but this is just my personal experience... but ya like dustyjay says make your own choice on this one because it is all personal prefrence. No one can say for a fact one is better then the other because they both are awsome processors

12. Wet Chicken

Wet Chicken

I think you'll find as a general rule that the teenagers will always go for the AMD, and the performance hounds will go with the Intel. Buying a CPU shouldn't be a popularity contest. Do some research and compare the benchmarks from several places and you'll soon see which one is really the best ;)

13. cnclathrop

cnclathrop

I am a amd user but the question that I would ask my self is how well do I take care of my computer amd doesn't support some of the additional features such as cpu throttling to prevent over heating like new pentiums do also amd processors run alot hotter and have smaller die's to dissapate heat . If you matain your cpu I would go amd if you dont intel might be a safer selection.

14. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    You are never going to get a definative answer to this question as long as there is more than one manufacturer of CPU's. I agree with WetChicken to a point. and I will even play a little devils advocate and suggest you go visit Black Vipers Website. He has a different sort of approach to this. Look at his Rant on AMD processors. It is actually good reading. And I as an AMD fan am recommending this. Her is the link.

http://www.blackviper.com/index.html

15. active95

active95

Anyone wants to start a thread.. PC vs Mac ? :D :D :D

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/218784

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice