VPN and internet sharing

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jghost5

Hi all, we use a software vpn tunnel to access a clients server over the internet.

But when we log on to the VPN tunnell we lose our ability to access email and other web pages whilst connected.

Is there a someway in Windows XP and 98 to allow VPN connectivity and web activity at same time?

Thanks in advance, J

I'm pretty sure that you would need an external VPN Concentrator. IF the network that you are VPN'ing to filters web access, then you are out of luck.

I have had some fun with this myself. I am not a guru on this but this might be of help.

Is the computer you are connecting to on a lan inside a company that has a firewall? If so the firewall my be preventing your access to external sites.

I know I have this problem when I vpn to work I cannot send email through my POP3 client because the firewall is blocking something.

When I drop my vpn I sometimes have to close my browser and re open it to get my machine pointing back to the right places.

Don't know if this is of any help or not.

jghost5

Everything is of help. One puts all the advice together and comes to a solution. Will keep this in mind, thanks. J

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts