1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

vpn and telnet, telephony

Discussion in 'General Security' started by valsdaughter, Feb 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. valsdaughter

valsdaughter Thread Starter

hi can anyone tell me how to use these and also how do i make sure someone is not accessing my pc remotely. The reason is that my view for folders change all the time as well as my taskbar. and i can actually hear clicking of files when i am idle

2. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

Well, I highly doubt anyone is accessing your computer thru VPN or telnet. Would help to know how you access the Internet and if you have any routers, firewalls and antivirus running.

3. valsdaughter

i have a belkin wireless g and yes it is password protected. I also have mcafee virus scan, zonealarm security suite. the reason I think someone is getting in is my cursor will move on it's own. without me even using it, i was across the room and heard the clicking sound like when i click on files. also i actually saw the cursor move to cookies and then i watched to see what was happening and they whom ever it was, was dragging and dropping one cookie file into another(example) ebay cookie was being placed into the yahoo cookie. and also i went to my hyper terminal and saw the ip 10.xx.xx.xx so i clicked on capture receive and watched info flow. any idea

4. valsdaughter

sorry I forgot to tell you that i access the internet wirelessly. I am the only person who uses my laptop.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/680056

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice