1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

VPN connection - no access to mapped drives on server

Discussion in 'Networking' started by thoffland, Jul 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thoffland

thoffland Thread Starter

Hello,

I have a sales rep in Latin America who is having problems connecting to our server in the US. He can get his email fine, but cannot access his documents (offline sync'd) or the public drives on the server which are mapped on his pc. It's prompting for a username and password but states that they are incorrect. I pulled 8 trojans off his machine, but I don't think that's the problem.

I've reinstalled the SBS Connection Manager hoping that would fix the problem, but I've rebooted his computer and cannot see it on our network. He's in a meeting so I'll have to wait until he's back and logs in to gain access again.

Any thoughts on why this connection is not working?

I have one other thing I just thought of and that's to make sure that he's logging in via the domain, and not just locally on the computer... otherwise I'm out of ideas.

2. yzman

yzman

he can see the folders so i don't think its a firewall issue...
    make sure netbeui is enabled on the vpn tunnel for the network drives to work properly

yeah i would check his connection/login parameters

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/839709

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice