1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

VPN Connection Problem

Discussion in 'Networking' started by NikitaPower, Feb 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. NikitaPower

NikitaPower Thread Starter

I have set up a wireless network using a Linksys wireless G model WRT54GS v1.1 router and am unable to connect to the VPN using the sonicwall VPN client. If I don't go through the router, but connect directly to the cable modem, I make the connection with no problem. In another location, we set up a wireless network using a Linksys wireless-B model BEFW1154 and the connection to the VPN works fine. Based on this, I'm assuming that the problem is with the built in NAT firewall in the wireless-G router, but am stumped as to how to fix the problem. Any ideas? Thanks!

Chris

2. Toddles18

Toddles18

I believe there is an option in the setup of the linksys routers to allow passthrough of ptpp or something along those lines for VPN's. Have you looked at the setup of your linksys for anything like that?

3. NikitaPower

NikitaPower Thread Starter

The Linksys has 3 different passthroughs and all 3 are enabled, but the vpn connection still won't go through.

4. leiby

leiby

Has anyone found a solution to this problem? I'm having it too. I've got a little more detail though...

This is the output I'm getting upon attempting to connect. If I plug right into the cable modem it works fine, but that leaves all the other computers in the house disconnected.

2005-02-28 17:38:23: INFO: isakmp.c:1172:isakmp_ph2begin_i(): initiate new phase 2 negotiation: 192.168.1.103[0]<=>64.9.107.190[0]
    2005-02-28 17:38:23: ERROR: isakmp_inf.c:820:isakmp_info_recv_n(): unknown notify message: NO-PROPOSAL-CHOSEN, no phase2 handle found.
    2005-02-28 17:38:43: ERROR: isakmp_inf.c:820:isakmp_info_recv_n(): unknown notify message: NO-PROPOSAL-CHOSEN, no phase2 handle found.
    2005-02-28 17:39:03: ERROR: isakmp_inf.c:820:isakmp_info_recv_n(): unknown notify message: NO-PROPOSAL-CHOSEN, no phase2 handle found.
    2005-02-28 17:39:23: ERROR: pfkey.c:792:pfkey_timeover(): 64.9.107.190 give up to get IPsec-SA due to time up to wait.

Thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/325802

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice