VPN Connection Problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

NikitaPower

I have set up a wireless network using a Linksys wireless G model WRT54GS v1.1 router and am unable to connect to the VPN using the sonicwall VPN client. If I don't go through the router, but connect directly to the cable modem, I make the connection with no problem. In another location, we set up a wireless network using a Linksys wireless-B model BEFW1154 and the connection to the VPN works fine. Based on this, I'm assuming that the problem is with the built in NAT firewall in the wireless-G router, but am stumped as to how to fix the problem. Any ideas? Thanks!

Chris

I believe there is an option in the setup of the linksys routers to allow passthrough of ptpp or something along those lines for VPN's. Have you looked at the setup of your linksys for anything like that?

NikitaPower

The Linksys has 3 different passthroughs and all 3 are enabled, but the vpn connection still won't go through.

Has anyone found a solution to this problem? I'm having it too. I've got a little more detail though...

This is the output I'm getting upon attempting to connect. If I plug right into the cable modem it works fine, but that leaves all the other computers in the house disconnected.

2005-02-28 17:38:23: INFO: isakmp.c:1172:isakmp_ph2begin_i(): initiate new phase 2 negotiation: 192.168.1.103[0]<=>64.9.107.190[0]
2005-02-28 17:38:23: ERROR: isakmp_inf.c:820:isakmp_info_recv_n(): unknown notify message: NO-PROPOSAL-CHOSEN, no phase2 handle found.
2005-02-28 17:38:43: ERROR: isakmp_inf.c:820:isakmp_info_recv_n(): unknown notify message: NO-PROPOSAL-CHOSEN, no phase2 handle found.
2005-02-28 17:39:03: ERROR: isakmp_inf.c:820:isakmp_info_recv_n(): unknown notify message: NO-PROPOSAL-CHOSEN, no phase2 handle found.
2005-02-28 17:39:23: ERROR: pfkey.c:792:pfkey_timeover(): 64.9.107.190 give up to get IPsec-SA due to time up to wait.

Thanks

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online