1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

VPN disconnects internet

Discussion in 'Networking' started by lola2001, Sep 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lola2001

lola2001 Thread Starter

Hey guys,

As soon as I connect my VPN it disconnects the internet. I'm using a desktop with windows 7, connected to wifi via a Netgear 4600 router. I have two internet connections, one of which is not connected to the router, both connections are affected. Used to work fine and I don't think I have done anything that would cause this. I already looked online and didn't find anything that was helpful.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Does the VPN work?

3. lola2001

lola2001 Thread Starter

It says connected if that is what you mean.

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Well, connected is part of the story. A VPN is used to connect to a remote device (often a computer), right? Is it connecting to the desired place and can you communicate over the VPN?

5. lola2001

lola2001 Thread Starter

I do not know. It's green and says connected. I got it for internet privacy so I only surf the net when it is turned on, I don't do anything else like connect to a work server. I'm not sure how I would know if it is working correctly or not.

6. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Apparently it's not working for you. What VPN is it? Maybe just try uninstall and reinstall it. (I know little about VPNs as I've never had a need, but others here know them.)

Xeiver-D.-Pyron likes this.
  7. lola2001

lola2001 Thread Starter

It's Froot. I am not even sure how to do that but I guess it's worth a try. I'll see if I can figure it out. Thanks.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1177680

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice