1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

vpn network addresses

Discussion in 'Networking' started by mcookaz, Apr 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcookaz

mcookaz Thread Starter

we have a company that has two office locations. they use a vpn to connect the networks. office 'A' uses for addressing computers 10.0.0.xxx and office 'B' uses 10.0.1.xxx. my question is, does office 'B' have to use it's current addresses or can they all use 10.0.0.xxx. it seems that it would be easier for me to set everyone up on one post office of microsoft messaging if everyone used the same address. i know i cannot have two computers with the same address so i would reserve 200 and above for office 'B'. can this be done and/or what is the reason for having the different addresses at each location?

thanks for your help!

2. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

Without knowing what the origicanl requirements were, it is difficult to say why the different offices were set up with different IP schemes.

As far as VPN, when you make a VPN connection, the IP scheme of the remote LAN does not have to match the IP scheme of the local computer. In this case, it might actually be easier just to leave things as they are.

Have you tested the messaging to see how it works?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/219753

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice