1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

VPN Network Device. Which one is better ?

Discussion in 'Networking' started by koyezx, Aug 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. koyezx

koyezx Thread Starter

Hello guys,

Please help me, my office want to buy Network Device for VPN only or special for VPN service. My office won't to using open source, i don't know why...

please tell me what is better network device for VPN service.

Thanks before guys..

Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
  2. zx10guy

zx10guy Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

What's your budget? What is the purpose of the VPN? Is it for site to site or remote connectivity? Who is going to implement this solution?

3. KKLC

KKLC

as an extend to zx10guy's questions, what do you mean your office wont be using open source?

4. zx10guy

I think he means any opensource VPN solutions are out of the question. And I agree fully. Plus if this is going to be a site to site VPN solution, I doubt any opensource VPN products will be able to do it let alone work properly in a business setting.

5. koyezx

koyezx Thread Starter

Thanks for answer, this for site to site and remote connectivity. what is better vpn hardware device ?

Sorry i mean my office not want to using opensource.

6. zx10guy

You still didn't answer all of my questions. What is your budget? And who is going to implement this? What I'm getting at is, someone needs to have a pretty good knowledge of networking and VPNs. This is not going to be something you're going to piece together by visiting online forums. The solutions I would recommend are from long established companies which have a professional services arm. Their professional services will go in and install/configure the equipment in your existing environment. But for a fee. This has to be factored into the overall budget and based on what I'm seeing so far, you cannot bypass paying for this.

I've also thought up of more questions which are important in scoping out a proper solution. What are your Internet pipes at the two locations you want to create a site to site tunnel? How much data is going to be going through the VPN? What remote clients will be using the VPN? What country/countries is this solution being deployed?

The short recommendation to your general question is a device which can do both IPSEC and SSL tunneling.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1214065

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice