1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

VPN: Pages don't stop loading (spinner bar spins and spins)

Discussion in 'Networking' started by tito_john, Apr 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tito_john

tito_john Thread Starter

While using a VPN service, I've noticed that some websites never complete loading. It happens with IE, Firefox and Chrome, and happens through all my service's nodes. I'm not really sure how many websites are affected, because I don't always look at the spinner in the browser's tab unless I can't see something I know is on the page.

Where it is very noticeable is on several websites with multi-page articles. What I'm missing (perhaps among other things) is the link to go forward, back, or to a specific page. I wind up reading only the first page of lots of different articles. :-(

I don't always use the tunnel, and to forestall the obvious question, I'll have to go back and search through my past connections to get specific examples. One medical website had the problem, but I'll have to search for which one it was.

Are there any general known solutions to this general issue? I was thinking about trying to look up specific elements on a page and where they link to and then use Wireshark to see if I could find one that continued to attempt a connection unsuccessfully. But I'm not a programmer or TCP/IP guru, and that approach looks daunting.

Thanks for any general comments or tips.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!