1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

VPN problem

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by dkolbach, Jan 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dkolbach

dkolbach Thread Starter

Hello all:

My problem is as follows: I can connect to the network using VPN I see the entire network. I can browse the domain controllers (two of them) but I cannot access the other servers. I got two different types of errors:

1- “servername” not accessible, network path was not found. This error also occurs when browsing the network, click on a domain controller then click the back button to go back to the network.

2- “servername” access denied. I only got this message once. It said something like “the user has no logon wrights”

I can ping the entire network from the VPN client

Any ideas

2. Rockn

Rockn

Try accessing the resources via IP adderss instead of by name. If you can do it that way you have a NetBIOS issue.

3. dkolbach

dkolbach Thread Starter

Ok, when I tryied to access the computer using the ip address I got the following message:

Logon failure. The user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer.

4. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

Do you have rights on those other servers?

Also, try adding the IP address and server name to your hosts and lmhosts files. Then you and connect to the server by name.

5. dkolbach

dkolbach Thread Starter

i tryed the host and lmhost files. same result cannot access the servers.

There 4 servers on my network. From the internal network i can access all the servers. From the VPN i can only access the Domain Controlers (two).

6. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

The first part of the response was whether you have any rights on the servers. You should be logging in with the same username and password as is allows on the servers.

7. dkolbach

dkolbach Thread Starter

Yes i have rights to read and write in certain drives. From my internal network i can access them with no problem (all 4 of them). from the VPN i can only access the Domain controlers

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/114487

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice