1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

VPN Routing Problem-Windows 2003 Server/Vista Client

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Knocka, Mar 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knocka

Knocka Thread Starter

I am running a Windows 2003 server with 2 NICS in my office. The internal LAN in the office is on 192.168.1.xxx, subnet mask 255.255.255.0.

The Second NIC installed for VPN has IP address: 192.168.1.95. I have configure RAS to work on the Second NIC. It uses DHCP to give out IP addresses to VPN clients in the 192.168.0.xxx range.

My home network and Vista client machine are on 192.168.15.xxx.

I can connect and register my Vista client machine on the network, but I cannot ping any of the computers, including the server, in the office network. I believe I have to set up some sort of a static route or a classless route, or something like that, so that the VPN client machine (192.168.0.xxx) can hop over to the office network (192.168.1.xxx).

Can anyone help?

By the way, I know that the router is passing the traffic correctly because if I set up RAS to distribute an address to the VPN client in the 192.168.1.xxx range using the existing NIC (not the second NIC in the server), everything works fine.

2. Knocka

Knocka Thread Starter

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/552556

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice