VPN Server and Firewall

Trex142

Hi,

I am running window server 2019 and has routing and direct access installed so i can run a VPN server so client computers can connect to the server using external internet connections. I have forwarded the correct port numbers and allowed access to the correct ports on the servers firewall, but when the firewall is enabled other computers cannot connect. If i disable the firewall, computers can connect with no issues. The ports i enabled are: 1723, 47, 500, 5500 and 1701.

Which vpn server are you running? I suspect the ports are different from product to product.

Are those outgoing or incoming ports?

Trex142

Which vpn server are you running? I suspect the ports are different from product to product.

Are those outgoing or incoming ports?
I am running the vpn server which comes with windows server 2019. I have opened both incoming and outgoing ports.

Trex142

I have viewed the video and done exactly what it shows but theres still nothing that shows how to set the firewall up correctly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online