1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

vredir.vxd >msnp32.dll problems

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by WButchar, Oct 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WButchar

WButchar Thread Starter

I was having too much problems with ME and decided to start clean, so I formatted the HD and installed Win98. Now it says that "vredir.vxd" and "dfs.vxd" are non-existent. Then it says that it's unable to load dynamic link library msnp32.dll. I went to a few sites and did what they instructed. I uninstalled the network completely and reinstalled it once again, but the same messages keep coming up. I've went thru "System File Checker", but it can not find any of the files on my 98 disc. Neither does File Search. Any suggestions?

2. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

Reinstalling Client for Microsoft Networks usually fixes the problem.

If it didn't try uninstalling it and leave it uninstalled. If you are not networking or connecting through broadband you don't need it.

See which ones still report missing. Go to start and run regedit

Click Edit > Find and one by one enter the file names that are still missing after the uninstall.

Right click on and delete all references to them. Hit f3 to continue the search until done.

After each search I recommend closing and reopening regedit or you may not get a valid search for the next dll.

Usually they are not needed and deleting the registry calls for them will eliminate the "missing" messages.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/173235

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice