1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

VsJITDebugger unhandled Microsoft .NET exception

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by CsharpMajor, Nov 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CsharpMajor

CsharpMajor Thread Starter

Hi!

We have an executable that intentionally throws an error so that JIT debugger will pop up (Not through Attach to Process).
    However, the pop up doesn't happen recently and I saw the Windows Logs error:

An unhandled Microsoft .NET Framework exception occurred in <program>.exe [9288]. Just-In-Time debugging this exception failed with the following error: The operation attempted is not supported.
    Check the documentation index for 'Just-in-time debugging, errors' for more information.

I checked https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/vi...-using-the-just-in-time-debugger?view=vs-2017 but the troubleshooting doesn't seem to work for me.

Do you have an idea why the JIT debugger won't start? As far as I can understand, the exe's .NET Framework version (4.1.75.0, based on the .config file) is a .NET framework version that the JIT debugger doesn't support.

Recently, I had problems creating a new project in our solution since the target framework is v4.5.2 but what I created was 4.6.1 (default framework when I added the new project). Is this connected to my issue? I am running out of ideas... @[email protected]

Thanks!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1218929

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice