1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

vstarcam + airport extreme (tower)

Discussion in 'Networking' started by gsunglao, Aug 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gsunglao

gsunglao Thread Starter

Hi,

I recently changed my ASUS wifi to an Apple Airport Extreme (tower).
    Configured it, everything worked well - Except for my vstarcam. :(

It somehow doesn't get an IP over the wifi.

I tried hooking it up via the ethernet and it did get an IP, in fact it worked
    perfectly as I was able to receive the video through my iPhone (this after I setup
    the port forwarding and the port 81). I disconnected to the home wireless and
    jumped to telco's 4G and it still is working nicely.

Can anyone shed a light on how I can have this vstarcam work via wifi?
    Just a note, this was working perfectly on ASUS via wifi.

cheers,
    GaryS>

2. gsunglao

gsunglao Thread Starter

UPDATE:

I mentioned in my post (above) that;

"After setting the port forwarding and the setting port 81, that I managed to make the camera work".

I think that statement is not exactly accurate! I have 3 vstarcam, and after I posted the item above, I went and fiddle with the other camera, connected it directly via ethernet to the base station. It was to my surprise that without doing anything on the configuration (and I was still on 4G), to my surprise, I was able to receive the broadcast!

I deleted the port forwarding that I setup initially just incase the the second IP cam has been assigned with the same IP address. It still worked!

So now, I can do away with port forwarding and just settle the issue of these cams to receive their wireless IP addresses.

cheers.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!