1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Vundo Trojan - Removed but now Live Sync doesn't Sync

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Randu, Nov 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Randu

Randu Thread Starter

Hi
    I got a Vundo Virus on my XP desktop (currently using my Vista Laptop) and it took some doing, but MalwareBytes seems to have cleaned it up.
    I have notice two seemingly residual problems (at least I never had these problems before)

1. Live Sync doesn't sync the files.
    I have been syncing the XP desktop to the Vista laptop and never had an issue, in fact it was one of the MS programs that I thought actually worked really well.
    Now, everything says that it's working but nothing is syncing.
    I checked the Port Status, Initiate Connection shows OK on all 4 ports, but Accept Connection has Blocked on all 4.
    When I stop and restart Live Sync, I can see the Vista laptop goes thru all of the files, but does nothing after.
    If I do the same on the XP, it seems to look and find no files to sync.
    I have tried uninstalling and re-loading on the XP, no help.

2. My Windows 6.5 phone would not sync with ActiveSync either.
    I found a troubleshooting post that said to uncheck in USB->PC "Enable advanced network functionality", so I did and the phone did sync, but before it did a warning came up on the phone saying that this would completely delete all contact, calender and mail data and they would be re-loaded with the sync (which IT did - took forever).

Did this Trojan screw with my syncing ability in a general way?

Thanks
    Randu

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/963332

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice