1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Vundo Trojan Ruined My Anti-Malwarebytes & Computer!

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by HeatherB1, Feb 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HeatherB1

HeatherB1 Thread Starter

I have the real-time protection for Anti-Malwarebytes, and I was on a website when all of the sudden Malwarebytes popped up a message saying something about a Vundo(sp?) virus/trojan being found. It said it quarantined it, but then when I went to open up Malwarebytes to run a scan, the program got deleted off of my computer! THEN, when I went to download it again from their website, it wouldn't let me install it!:eek: Now when I get on the internet I keep getting redirected to different sites, so I know this trojan has done something to my computer.:(

Could someone please help me? Everyone in my house is mad at me now for ruining the computer even though it's not my fault. I have Windows XP if you need to know that.

Thank you SO MUCH for any help you can give!:)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/901411

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice