1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Vundo, Virtunmonde Infection

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Vlds, Sep 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vlds

Vlds Thread Starter

I've just bought my computer, and to my surprise it did take no time to get infected by Vundo and Virtunmonde (I dont know how, obviusly I did something wrong, perhaps the installation of IE7). I read all the forums here and did the following:

1. Updated Jave
    2. Run Vundofix.exe
    3. Run Combofix.exe

following the advice from an expert to another forum member. Now I have NOD 32 but always detects some form of Virtunmonde that (it says) it is deleted. But the symptoms are the same

-I cannot use Internet Explorer, I get pop ups all the time
    -I cannot use Firefox either, same problem
    -Automatic updates turn off whenever I install or uninstall anything, and only running Combofix again seems to solve this last issue, but the problems with IE and Firefox continues

It seems that I still have the infection and I dont know how to proceed from here

Please help
    Thanks!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/754231

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice