VX924 -- Help!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

MMmGood

I just recieved the VX924 monitor for Christmas, and I absolutely love it. No dead pixels, great image quality, but I cannot access two of the options on the OSD. I've downloaded the latest drivers, contacted support, hell, I even reformated, but I cannot get Auto Image Adjustment or Manual Image Adjustment to work. Would it have to do with the fact I am using DVI? If anyone could help, then please do! Also, this is my first LCD, and I was wondering how I reduce (if possible) the darkness around the edges of the screen? Or do I have a bad LCD at hand?

Those adjustments are only needed when using VGA connection, to best "map" the analog to digital conversion to the screen pixels.

With DVI, they are perfectly hard-mapped digitally therefore no need to have those adjustments, hence they are inactive.

Please explain the "darkness around the edge", are you saying that the backlight is not illuminating equally all over the screen, and that the edges remain poorly lit? That suggests a brightness adjustment problem or a faulty screen.

MMmGood

The backlight isn't illuminating over the screen. Is there a way to fix it, or do I have a faulty screen? If the latter, am I able to take it back to the store I bought, and exchange it, or is that not under the warranty.

That is a top of the line monitor, the backlight illumination should be very even.

Take it back if increasing the brightness on the monitor does not work.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online