1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

VXD Errors

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Hrumachis334, Sep 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Hrumachis334

Hrumachis334 Thread Starter

I have a friend whose computer keeps coming up with erorrs as the computer boots up. It says that it can't find the js....vxd file 3 times. It begins with js with something inside it and ends in .vxd. So jsmem1.vxd for example. I can't find any file on the computer or even reference to it and don't have a clue what it's for. I've search throughout the internet and found nothing. It doesn't seem to affect anything but it is still baflling me why those came up. They started right after a move and installation of some new software. Does anybody know what they are for? Apart from virtual device drivers.

2. TOF

TOF

the "JS" could mean it's a virtual device driver for java script. Is the java script up to par?

3. jubalsams

jubalsams

On Win98 you can boot to menu (F8) and choose logged to further study or even step by step to watch as it happens. There is a program which helps slightly with boot log analysis BLA : Boot Log Analyser.

Best

4. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

Try searching the registry for that file and remove the reference (as long as things are working ok).

Typically this will be in HKLM / System / CurrentControlSet / Services / VXD

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/273739

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice