VXD Errors

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Hrumachis334

I have a friend whose computer keeps coming up with erorrs as the computer boots up. It says that it can't find the js....vxd file 3 times. It begins with js with something inside it and ends in .vxd. So jsmem1.vxd for example. I can't find any file on the computer or even reference to it and don't have a clue what it's for. I've search throughout the internet and found nothing. It doesn't seem to affect anything but it is still baflling me why those came up. They started right after a move and installation of some new software. Does anybody know what they are for? Apart from virtual device drivers.

TOF

the "JS" could mean it's a virtual device driver for java script. Is the java script up to par?

On Win98 you can boot to menu (F8) and choose logged to further study or even step by step to watch as it happens. There is a program which helps slightly with boot log analysis BLA : Boot Log Analyser.

Best

Try searching the registry for that file and remove the reference (as long as things are working ok).

Typically this will be in HKLM / System / CurrentControlSet / Services / VXD

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online