1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

W-2000Pro Please Help on 1st Time Setup

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Steve-x8086, Jan 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve-x8086

Steve-x8086 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Steve
    Hi. I am finally getting rei of my W-95. I will be formating a new HD on a 3.2g P4 personal computer. The new W-2000Pro OS that I have is an OEM version with Service Pack 4 and all stickers.

One of my concerns is about their being both an Administrator and User logons. I am used to just turning on the computer and using it - no Adm, User or Passwords. Is this possible with W-2000Pro or is this the way it has to be? I would like to keep it as similar to the W-9x's and as simple as I can get yet still have quick access to anything on the computer, its settings and OS.

Also, any other recommendations you may have will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Steve-x8086

2. pjblevin

pjblevin

Steve: I ran 2000pro on my machines for a few years, before I switched to XP. As I recall, I never had to put in any passwords, etc. When installing 2000, if you get prompted to put in a password, just don't do it.

pjblevin

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!