w.m.p.11, an error occurred.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

captain gummybea

Hi there,
Can somebody help me as to a small problem with w.m.p. 11, Have recently purchased a turntable to convert all my vinals to cd, (yes an ageing hippy) no problem with the program that came with it ( audacity ) have nearly mastered it, it records on to my hard drive as wave files wich w.m.p. 11 plays with no problem.
Now this is the bit when i go to burn to cd it comes up with a small red dot with a white cross on it and a message as follows, an error occurred, am i doing something totaly wrong or am i just a bit thick, could someone help me out hear please as the ageing hippy is not getting any younger lol.

WMP should burn wav files, but it also tends to be a little problematic. Try some other burning software, DeepBurner is a good freeware burner.

It is probably best to use a different program. Another good freeware program is CDBurnerXP. It is very similar to nero but of course it's free!

captain gummybea

thanks to stantly and jon 1001, for your help with my wmp 11 problem, unfortunately i still have the same problem i just can't seem to get the wave file onto cd, i have tried the two programs that you sujested but still no luck, have tried a different format but it still wont let me burn to cd, it now comes up cannot find, any other sujestion would be appretiated
thanks,
Jim.

under options > burn in wmp11, have u tried lowering the burn rate? also which format did u select, wpl or m3u?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online