1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

W2K client unable to connect to WinME host

Discussion in 'Networking' started by raddar, Dec 12, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raddar

raddar Thread Starter

I've got me WinME computer running ICS and have it connected to a hub which connects to another computer running WIN98 (no problem). I do have a problem when I try to connect a laptop running W2K as it cannot get to the internet. I an also unable to see any other computers from the W2K laptop. I have TCP/IP installed on all computers and they are all part of the same workgroup. Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

2. raddar

raddar Thread Starter

Just an update...
    I am not sure what I did but I now have the W2K client communicating with the Win ME host and I am able to view the shares!! Set up is as mentioned in original post.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/61592

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice