1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

W2k Setting Up a Modem

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Lotek, Apr 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Lotek

Lotek Thread Starter

I have a Dell Latiude Laptop and installed Windows 2000 but now I can't seem to setup my Modem. the Modem Driver itself seemed to install and I can see the modem as well as run Diagnostics on it. but when I go to set up a Dial-up Network it doesn't give me the Country/Regions. also I can't access the Telephony files in the Services area it gives me an "Error 5" saying I need admin right. I have admin Rights.

Any Help would be appreciated
    Thanks
    Lotek. :confused:

2. rude

rude

Try logging off your "User" account and logging back in with "Administrator"account. They are not the same,your "User" account has (typically)limited administrative access and the "Administrator"account has full administrative access.Also you could try from safemode.

3. Lotek

Lotek Thread Starter

Hi rude I've done both Log in as admin as well as come up in safe mode. the problem is that I'm trying to fix the Country code but think it may have something to do with me not being able to access my Telephony and RMA. but can't figure out why.

4. rude

rude

Have you checked to see if the Telephony Service is set to automatic and running?

5. rude

rude

Stolen directly from "Help and Support"

To configure a connection
    Open Network Connections.
    For example, to configure a dial-up connection, click the connection you want to configure, and then, under Network Tasks, click Change settings of this connection.
    Do one or more of the following:
    To configure dialing devices, phone numbers, host address, country/region codes, or dialing rules, click the General tab.
    To configure dialing and redialing options, or X.25 parameters, click the Options tab.
    To configure identity authentication, data encryption, or terminal window and scripting options, click the Security tab.
    To configure the remote access server and protocols used for this connection, click the Networking tab.
    To enable or disable Internet Connection Sharing, Internet Connection Firewall, and on-demand dialing, click the Advanced tab.
    Notes

To open Network Connections, click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Network Connections.
    Internet Connection Sharing, Internet Connection Firewall, Discovery and Control, and Network Bridge are not available on Windows XP 64-Bit Edition.
    Depending on the type of connection you are configuring, different options and tabs appear in the connection's Properties dialog box.
    For more information about a specific item on a tab, right-click the item, and then click What's This?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/222863

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice