1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

W2K Temp File Question

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Marlo, Jan 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Marlo

Marlo Thread Starter

This is my home computer and I am the Administrator. Under Admin/Local Settings, I found the Temp, History and Temporary Internet files.

I went in to clean them out, and when I go into Temp - it also has cookies, history and temporary internet files listed there.

Can I delete those since they are in my temp file?

When I hit delete, I got a warning that it might be a file I needed.

Since those are already under Administrator/Local Settings, please let me know if I can delete them from the Temp file.

Thank you.

Marlo

2. elsinaj

elsinaj

Yes you can.

History contains links to the pages you visited in your Internet Explorer.
    Temporary Internet Files contains pages you viewed within the Internet Explorer.
    Cookies can be created by websites. These files can contain information you enter in a form for example so that you don't have to type it in next time. This goes also for automating logins for websites.

A.J.

3. Marlo

Marlo Thread Starter

I don't think I explained this enough. In Local Settings, I have a Temporary Internet file, a History File and a Temp file.

It is inside the TEMP file that I have another cookie file, temporary internet file & history file.

My question is - because those are duplicated in my TEMP file, can I delete those entire files?

I already have them under Local Settings - can I delete the duplicates that are in the TEMP folder?

Thanks.

Marlo

4. elsinaj

elsinaj

Yes you can.

A.J.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/65905

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice