W2K & WinMe Full CD's pulled when XP arrives?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

SGtheArtist

I was recently checking out Windows 2000 Professional and Windows Me the full installations at a local resaler and the individual I spoke to stated that in past history Microsoft has pulled its older OS Full Installation CD's from the selves, leaving just the Upgrades, when they came out with the new OS, the individual did say that there was an exception of Windows 98.
But I was wondering if this will be the case when XP arrives on store shelves and elsewhere Oct 25 (I think).

I don't want to have to go out and buy Windows 2000 Pro and Windows Me right now if they will be avalible in the future as full installations. With all XP's registration and copy securities on it, I think it would really become a pain in the rear whenever I do something to my computer that XP doesn't agree with like upgrading.

I appreciate any input, Thanks

Microsoft quit the practice of shipping an OS with a new system a long time ago. All the manufacturers send now are recovery CD's and I am sure they have some crap with full retail versions now as well. Check with a local manufacturer and see if they will sell you an OEM version of the software. A lot less expensive than full retail.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online