1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

w2ksp4 + ie6sp1 ???

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by coorrel, Oct 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. coorrel

coorrel Thread Starter

Hi,
    Recently I tried to find full install of ie6sp1 for w2ksp4 and on that microsoft site... it says ie6sp1 is like only support up to w2ksp3 or something...??? so...

1. does ie6sp1 support w2ksp4?

2. can someone be kind enough find me a link to the full setup file of ie6sp1. im formatting my hdd real soon and im on dial up and that live download thing wont finish before my session time is up 3hrs...

Thanks inadvance

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Well, I'm confused, because I have three W2K systems, all running SP4 and IE6-SP1. :D

If you can't download the IE6 file from Microsoft in your allotted time, what makes you think you can download it from another source in that same time? :confused:

3. Wirelessguy

Wirelessguy

you can request a cd from microsoft for like $10 bucks or so.

4. starman2002

starman2002

5. starman2002

starman2002

6. coorrel

coorrel Thread Starter

Sorry for not explaining well.

When i reformat my PC i will have like IE5, so I feel I wont have enough time (3hrs) to update to IE6SP1 using the small (479KB) live download update thing on a my dial up.

So... I was asking if there's a full installational setup file for IE6SP1 that I could download with my download manager so I don't use that small live download update and get the full install before hand... i.e. is there is link to the full installational setup file on the microsoft site or other sites for IE6SP1...
    Thanks

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/169017

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice