1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

w32.hybris

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by DarrenW, Dec 12, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. DarrenW

DarrenW Thread Starter

the old snow white, hahaha virus has infected some clients on our network. It killed the wsock32.dll file of course and extracting a fresh copy has not worked! i also tried extracting copies of winsock.dll and mstcp.dll. These are Win95 machines so I also tried rolling back and re-installing the winsock2 update. I still cannot get these machines to log-on to the domain. I have also removed all clients and protocols from networking and re-installed those. I removed and re-installed the NIC driver as well.
    What now? i cannot log-on to the domain. When I re-load the NIC, TCP/IP is not shown in network properties, i have to add it. Does anyone know if this virus can propogate through a network?

2. $teve

$teve

3. DarrenW

DarrenW Thread Starter

been there done that, and allot more. thanks anyway. perhaps this is a networking forum question?

4. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

5. DarrenW

DarrenW Thread Starter

The regedit seemed to work. I ended up removing all networking components again, rolling back the winsock2 update and removing the reg entries then reloading everything and she's up. Thanks for the link, i didn't see that one when i was searching the ms knowledge base.:D

6. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

You're welcome, glad to hear you're back in business -- MS has a bunch of them, but that one was the most thorough :)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/61566

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice