w32.spybot.worm problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

AussieJo

Hi

My NAV has found two problems in my files. One it repaired and deleted (backdoor.litmus.203) and the other w32.spybot.worm it has not been able to fix or quarantine. At the end of the scan and fix mode the message is that my computer is still infected with a virus. I ran NAV in safe mode and had the same message regarding spybot.worm. I tried to run Hyjackthis from tomcoyote site and it wanted me to choose something to open with (this has not happened before) and not knowing what to choose I picked notepad. now everytime I try and use hyjack this I get a stack of weird symbols. Can someone tell me how to fix the hyjackthis problem so I can post a log for you to look at.

Thanks Aussiejo

AussieJo

if you mean to run the scan in safe mode than I have already and received the same message.

We do need to see a HijackThis Scanlog.

When you download HijackThis it is in a zipped file. If you are being prompted for what to open it with at that stage it means you do not have an installed zip program or it is not automatically opening zip files.

After you have unzipped HijackThis to its own folder and run it, you will see a "Scan" tab. When you click that the log displays in a "console" window with check boxes. You must save that log to the desktop. If you get prompted on what to open it with then, the proper response is Notepad. That is the log you need to copy/paste here.

If you don't have a zip program, you can get the evaluation version of Winzip here, it does not expire:

http://www.winzip.com/download.cgi?home

Also, please tell us what the exact message is when you run NAV in Safe Mode. It should not have any problem deleting or quarantining files there unless they are in a Restore archive.

If it cannot delete specific files, let us know the names and full paths to the files so we can determine what needs to be done with them.

AussieJo

Thank you for your replies.
I am using nav 2003 and have been running it for a while. I have also finally managed to get a hijack this log. I am heading of to church soon so I do not have time to get the message and all that but I thought I would leave a hijack this log for someone to have a look at and then I can get back to the other problem when I get back.

again thanks so much for any suggestions. I am comfortable with using computers until all this happens!
ogfile of HijackThis v1.97.2
Scan saved at 6:47:40 AM, on 14/09/03
Platform: Windows 98 SE (Win9x 4.10.2222A)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v5.00 (5.00.2919.6304)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KERNEL32.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSGSRV32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MPREXE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSTASK.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMMON FILES\SYMANTEC SHARED\CCEVTMGR.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\NORTON ANTIVIRUS\ADVTOOLS\NPROTECT.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\NORTON PERSONAL FIREWALL\NISUM.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\NORTON PERSONAL FIREWALL\CCPXYSVC.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\GRISOFT\AVG6\AVGSERV9.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\mmtask.tsk
C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\TASKMON.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SYSTRAY.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\STIMON.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\CAERE\OMNIPAGEPRO90\OPWARE32.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\CAERE\OMNIPAGEPRO90\opware16.exe
C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMMON FILES\SYMANTEC SHARED\CCAPP.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\GRISOFT\AVG6\AVGCC32.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\NIKON\NKVIEW4\NKVWMON.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\ACCESSORIES\SPYWAREGUARD\SGMAIN.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\INTERMUTE\SPYSUBTRACT\SPYSUB.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\WMIEXE.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\ACCESSORIES\SPYWAREGUARD\SGBHP.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\TELSTRA\TELSTRA BIGPOND ADSL\APP\ENTERNET.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SPOOL32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\DDHELP.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\MOZILLA.ORG\MOZILLA\MOZILLA.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\WINZIP\WZQKPICK.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\WINZIP\WINZIP32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\HIJACKTHIS.EXE

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://news.google.com.au/
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\ADOBE\ACROBAT 5.0\READER\ACTIVEX\ACROIEHELPER.OCX
O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O2 - BHO: SpywareGuard Download Protection - {4A368E80-174F-4872-96B5-0B27DDD11DB2} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\ACCESSORIES\SPYWAREGUARD\DLPROTECT.DLL
O3 - Toolbar: @msdxmLC.dll,[email protected],&Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSDXM.OCX
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ScanRegistry] C:\WINDOWS\scanregw.exe /autorun
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TaskMonitor] C:\WINDOWS\taskmon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SystemTray] SysTray.Exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [StillImageMonitor] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\STIMON.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [OmniPage] C:\Program Files\Caere\OmniPagePro90\opware32.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\QTTASK.EXE" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccRegVfy] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccRegVfy.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Advanced Tools Check] C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~2\ADVTOOLS\ADVCHK.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NPROTECT] C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~2\ADVTOOLS\NPROTECT.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\GRISOFT\AVG6\avgcc32.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [SchedulingAgent] mstask.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [ccEvtMgr] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [NPROTECT] C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~2\ADVTOOLS\NPROTECT.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [ScriptBlocking] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Script Blocking\SBServ.exe" -reg
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [Nisum] C:\Program Files\Norton Personal Firewall\NISUM.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [ccPxySvc] C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\CCPXYSVC.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [Avgserv9.exe] C:\PROGRA~1\GRISOFT\AVG6\Avgserv9.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Mozilla Quick Launch] "C:\Program Files\mozilla.org\Mozilla\Mozilla.exe" -turbo
O4 - Startup: NkVwMon.exe.lnk = C:\Program Files\Nikon\NkView4\NkVwMon.exe
O4 - Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.exe.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O4 - Startup: SpywareGuard.lnk = C:\Program Files\Accessories\SpywareGuard\sgmain.exe
O4 - Startup: SpySubtract.lnk = C:\Program Files\interMute\SpySubtract\SpySub.exe
O4 - Startup: WinZip Quick Pick.lnk = C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZQKPICK.EXE
O9 - Extra button: RealGuide (HKLM)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console (HKLM)
O12 - Plugin for .swf: C:\PROGRA~1\INTERN~1\PLUGINS\NPSWF32.dll
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\PROGRA~1\INTERN~1\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O16 - DPF: {9F1C11AA-197B-4942-BA54-47A8489BB47F} (Update Class) - http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/CAB/x86/ansi/iuctl.CAB?37704.7041087963
O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash5r42.cab
O16 - DPF: {CAFEEFAC-0014-0000-0001-ABCDEFFEDCBA} (Java Runtime Environment 1.4.0_01) -
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\VxD\MSTCP: SearchList = nsw.bigpond.net.au

AJ, nothing jumps out with your log. I do see you have both NAV and AVG. As long as you're current with your NAV virus definitions, you should disable AVG. Not a good idea to have two AV programs running.

:)

What and where is the file that cannot be repaired? Usually these are non system files, probably created by the virus itself, which can just be deleted.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online