1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

W32Cholera2 Virus

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by tomsxp, Dec 27, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomsxp

tomsxp Thread Starter

Hello, I just cleaned up my Computer after getting the w32Cholera2 Virus and this is what it infected>> inetwiz.exe and the isignup.exe Now i was told these two items have ONE OR MORE files in them and they were damaged behind repair, so i had to delete them both (I found out there were two files in each one of them! Can anyone tell me what these two exe's are? Also I had to delete these>>>A0003513.exe A0003514.exe A0003515.exe A0003516.exe A0003517.exe (Can anyone tell me what these are too? Can I replace them or do a system restore? Please let me know, and Thank You,

2. Brooks

Brooks Guest

The Inet files are used with Internet Explorer to setup an internet connection.

The ones that all start with A, I have no idea about.

3. tomsxp

tomsxp Thread Starter

Brooks, Thank You for the info and you were correct! Not only did it destroy my inetwiz.exe file and the isignup.exe file but I think it created all those other files because i could not find them on the xp and I want to worn everyone who gets this w32/cholera2 virus, that it will MUTIPLY the Virus in each one of these files (phony files or not) EVERYTIME YOU REBOOT. I got 57 Viruse's before it hit me that they were multipling on Reboot! Thanks also to a very alert friend of mine. So I got rid of it a COMPLETLY by Running a FULL VIRUS SCAN OFFLINE and it took almost one full hour, because i had to MANUALLY DELETE the destroyed files. Also I was emailed the downloads for the missing Original Files EXE'S and I was going to reinstall them BUT it was not necessary, it seems windows xp replaced it for me by itself, because everything is back to normal and i still have the connections wizard (Go Figure)! I ran a second full scan just to make sure and i am now clean!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!