W7 installation

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Knsbond

I have a toshiba c655-s5305 laptop which originally had windows 7 home addition installed.I wiped the hd with dban nuke and destroy to replace the is with win 7 professional.During install I'm getting a message that says missing cd/DVD device driver.When I purchased the computer from Bestbuy I didn't receive any Sys restore disc.Is there anywhere on the web where I can get the necessary driver to complete the install?

Have you tried the Toshiba website? Or the website of your CD/DVD drive manufacturer?

hiya,on startup tap F1 when it flashes up to enter BIOS,look around for the dvd/cd lies and make sure enabled,if you cannot find anything try clicking on set minimal defaults or something similar

Knsbond

Yeah,have tried Toshiba and they sent me to the manufacters website,but unable to get the driver there.May have to got to a 3rd party manufacter to get it.

Knsbond

Yeah have gone into bios(f12)and change the DVD from AHCI to ATA,but nothing has worked so far.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online