1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

W7 will start up, load files, and then stay at a black screen with a mouse

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by dspenc3503, May 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dspenc3503

dspenc3503 Thread Starter

W7 will start up, load files, and then stay at a black screen with a mouse. I think that the hard drive may have gone bad, and when I did a memory diagnosis, I have found that there is bad memory with my main hard drive. I do not have the original disk, nor can I access any of the files. I tried system Recovery, but it would not list W7 as an option. If someone knows where I could find those drivers to load onto a disk, that would be great. My computer is a Dell Studio 1535.

2. zigzag3143

zigzag3143

Have you tried booting into safe mode (F8)?

If it were a HD it probably wouldnt boot.

Doubt its memory for the same reason.

I am thinking video driver, and if it boots in safe mode would be more certain.

3. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    Memory Diagnostics would not tell you that your HDD has Bad Memory. If Memory diagnostics returns an error then it is a problem with your RAM

4. dspenc3503

dspenc3503 Thread Starter

It all goes to the same screen, with the exception of safe mode, it will go to System Restore and have no restoration point, it won't even recognize W7.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1054367

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice