Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

W98 disconnects users from LAN after users are logged in

791 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  PC_DISK1 
#1 ·
I posted this message in the W95/98/ME fourm, but this seems like the more appropriate place for the question:

I work for a company that has a small network consisting of one NT 4.0 Server box and around 40-60 client computers, mostly running W95 with a few running W98/2000/ME. Anyway, two managers here have W98 machines, and periodically after they have logged into the network and used different mapped network drives all of a sudden they can't access any mapped drives and they appear to be disconnected from the network (well, they are, as they can't do anything network related). The network is your basic ethernet using simple UTP cabling and hubs. The cabling appears to be plugged in properly, especially since they can log in and be connected to the network for a period of time. Rebooting solves the problem, but that isn't acceptable to my managers, so I have to figure out a way to get it so they don't get kicked off (besides just giving them W95). I have done a lot of research by myself on this, but I can't find any answers....if anyone has any ideas I'll be grateful, and will consider naming one of my future children after you. If you need more info, I'll be checking this board tomorrow throughout work, and will be more than happy to provide you with any other info you need. Thanks

Nate W.

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.