1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

w98 game on WinXP

Discussion in 'Games' started by jssch, Feb 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jssch

jssch Thread Starter

I am playing Wizards and Warriors from Activision on Windows XP. There are aspects of the game that arent working correctly, such as clicking on buildings etc. I read a tech file that said that was a common problem with people playing it on w2000 since it was desgined for W98.

I have tried the compatability in the properties, didnt work.

I downloaded and installed VMware so that I could run W98 @ same time as XP, but I cannot get VMware to recognize my Win 98 CD. It keeps telling me that there is no bootable cd in the drive.

Is there anything else I can try to play this game?

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    have you tried looking for patches on the manufacturers website?

3. rebelmusic

rebelmusic

4. jssch

jssch Thread Starter

Great ! Virtualdub worked and so far everything I couldnt access before I can now ! Thanks !

5. vanillag1rl

vanillag1rl

Hey glad you got it working;
    as far as the VMware you gotta tell it where your CD ROM is.
    I thinkyou have to update the VMtools. But the VMware you gotta install an OS before it can work. VMware is an enviroment; its an empty box. So you gotta fill it with an OS, just as if you were to buy another computer. Its a good tool if you wanna mess around with your computer; but is afraid to mess it up bad.. so i hope that works.
    (even though it sounds like you got your game working) this is just for further references.
    :)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/327082

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice