1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

w98se still hangs...

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by TimZack, Jan 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TimZack

TimZack Thread Starter

I spilled H2O into my Dell notebook and have since replaced the mother board & processor, debugged the hardrive, re-installed the OS. At first it would still freez and then as I continued re-installing apps it worked normally for several days and is now back to freezing. I'm considering re-installing the OS and when I reach the point that it is fixed I will install Winfix so as to return to a healthy setup if it starts to freeze again. Any thoughts on this strategy?
    This is a Dell Inspiron 3800, 5gb hardrive, 320mb ram, startup menu is lean, defragged, extra files cleaned out, spyware checked, antivirus current, syst resources ave 75%. When the processor was replaced the silicon adhesive that interfaces with the heat sink and processor tore up. Will open her up and check for heat problem. Any other suggestions?

2. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

3. TimZack

TimZack Thread Starter

I wrote hangs but thanks to your reply that must be corrected to freezes periodically at any time for up to 30 sec. I'd better re- write that post!

Thanks for the link- I"ve filed it for reference.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/66214

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice