1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Waaay TMI, but I need backup!

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Chloexyz, Dec 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chloexyz

Chloexyz Thread Starter

I went to the gmail sign-in page on my significant other's Kindle Fire, and as I started typing in my info, an unfamiliar email address ([email protected]) was auto-populated for me. I tried to sign in just for the hell of it but the password wasn't saved. "John" said that he had never heard of that email address before and had no idea where it came from. Maybe a week or so later, the same thing happened again, but the email address was my 6 year old son's first and last name, followed by the number 68. This time the password had been saved so I logged in. It looked like the account was new and hadn't been used yet, but some settings we're in place. specifically that the backup account was London-based68. Again, "John" said that he had never heard of either address. Am I correct in thinking that he 100% had to have created both accounts?

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    No way for us to know who created the accounts nor who first accessed them on "John"'s Kindle Fire. All we know is that at least one other person--you!--have access to it.

I am closing this thread, as the issue is not really anything technical.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1181938

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice