1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wacom Bamboo & XP Pro

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Beta Orionis, Jan 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beta Orionis

Beta Orionis Thread Starter

I can't seem to get the drivers for the Bamboo to stay put in XP Pro. The drivers are listed in the device manager, but XP seems to have decided that it knows better and uses MS fro 2001! Wacom will flash an error and tell me to reboot. This happens every time I shut the computer off. I can sometimes get the tablet to work by switching USB ports and It doesn't seem to be port specific. Sometimes it will work in a different one each time.
    I installed w/o plugging the tablet in first - I uninstalled and tried installing with the tablet plugged in, DL new driver from Wacom.
    The only Wacom that shows up in the Device manager is WACOM mouse. The tablet is listed under HID device. I don't get tablet.EXE at startup either.
    If I tell XP the drivers are on the Wacom CD, XP just says there is no information about my device on the CD. I bought 2 tablets - the one hooked up to my other pc is working just fine in 2K. but I haven't checked the XP home drive yet as I haven't needed Photoshop.
    It's not an AV problem as there is none on the problem PC. It is only used to run embroidery software and doesn't go online except for a flash upgrade once in a while. Any designs I have downloaded come thru the main PC which does have all the protection.
    I wouldn't have noticed the problem but for the fact that the pen is configured wrong. I want the apps on the switch reversed and can't.
    Thanks,
    Beta Orionis

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/672801

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice