1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wacom cintiq and monitor

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by 123ihatemylife123, Dec 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. 123ihatemylife123

123ihatemylife123 Thread Starter

So I have one hdmi plug thing in my pc and my monitor needs one so until Christmas my computer has been using it but I got a Wacom cintiq 13hd tablet and it needs a hdmi plug thing connected to my pc I can't plug the tablet into my monitor it needs to be in the pc so I got the splitter for hdmis but it hasn't been working so i can only have either my monitor on or my tablet and I don't know what to do help

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    What 'splitter' did you buy? You probably need to switch your monitor or the tablet to DVI if your computer has one of those using a simple DVI to HDMI adapter. What computer and graphics card do you have?

3. TonyB25

TonyB25 Banned

You can't have both plugged into the HDMI port at the same time. What's the make and model of your computer? Does it have a USB C port?

4. 123ihatemylife123

It says on the box it's a "3 port hdmi switcher" are switchers and splitters the same or did I buy the wrong thing? My monitor has a dvi but only my monitor, my monitor is a Samsung monitor but I don't know any further information on it sorry and my pc is a small white acer and it has a intel sticker on it sorry I don't know much about my technology and what do you mean by graphics card? Thank you for the reply much appreciated

5. 123ihatemylife123

Oh so will this whole thing not work with the pc I have :-( ? It's by Samsung and it's black but I don't know anything more about it I got it last year so it's not an older make. thank you for the reply

6. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    A switcher is not a splitter, you bought the wrong thing. A switcher allows you to switch between displays not split one into multiple ones. However even a splitter is not recommended, you are best running each monitor/tablet off it's own output.

7. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Well is it a desktop or laptop? Most computers have a model number on them, look at the front, sides, or back for one, it's either on the case or on a sticker. Or find your receipt and see what you bought. Also is the computer the thing that says Samsung or is it your monitor? A monitor is not a computer.

8. 123ihatemylife123

Ah ok If I were to have a pc that had two hdmi things would it work then, I have seen people who have the same tablet as me and a computer they have both screens on

9. 123ihatemylife123

It's a computer, I don't have a receipt for any of the things I bought anymore ,it's the monitor, I know a monitor is not a computer.

10. TonyB25

TonyB25 Banned

What ports does it have?

11. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    So it is a Samsung monitor? OK, then what computer do you have? Are you sure there's no model number on it? Every big brand system has a model number on it, I suspect you have a big name brand computer and not a custom built computer.

People either have a computer with two HDMI ports or one HDMI port and one other port such as DVI, DisplayPort, or VGA that they use for their monitor. DVI and DisplayPort can be converted to HDMI with a converter as well.

How about posting some pictures of the front and back of the computer so we can see what you have.

12. TonyB25

TonyB25 Banned

Or a USB C port.

13. 123ihatemylife123

Its a acel, would getting a wire thing that goes from hdmi to USB to plug into the USB on the computer work make the tablet and monitor both be on? If that worked those are what it looks like

Attached Files:

14. TonyB25

TonyB25 Banned

Connect the monitor the the Display Port, and connect the tablet to HDMI.

15. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
  16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1183131

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice