1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wacom Intuos + Code 38 (Device Driver Issues)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by duckyreads, Apr 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. duckyreads

duckyreads Thread Starter

My Wacom Intuos2 tablet randomly stops working, forcing me to restart the computer to re-enable it.

When I say "stops", I mean not only does it not take input, but the device light goes out. Switching to another USB port does nothing.

When I went into the Device Manager, there's what appears to be the issue tucked into the "Human Interface Devices" section. "USB Input Device" appears there, with the 'alert' icon. Going to "Properties", the error code I'm given is as follows:

I can't even roll back to a previous, functional device driver since it's still running the initial version. (Nor does hitting "update" offer a solution, though admittedly I didn't really have high hopes for the automatic driver updater that came bundled with Windows 7.)

I understand that from a functionality standpoint, I have a solution (to simply restart the computer) but that's relatively time-consuming for me, since I have references laid out, music queued up, etc. when I'm working on an image, and it's quite frustrating to set everything up repeatedly.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to fix this error without resorting to a complete reboot?

Screencap & extra info below.

Attached Files:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!