1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wacom Tablet not found?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Porcupine, May 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Porcupine

Porcupine Thread Starter

Alright, so I recently bought a Wacom Tablet off ebay, slightly used but hasn't been touched in the last three years or so. I just got it yesterday (shipped from australia), and it doesn't work. I installed the correct driver for it off wacom.com, I installed the painter program that came with it (though I'm sure that has nothing to do with the problem), I plugged the thing into my computer, I have all the parts, but when I click on "Wacom Properties" in my control panel, a box pops up saying "A supported tablet was not found on the system." and only one option, and that's to press "Ok" and move on. Now, the only thing that I'm scratching my head about is the AC Adapter that came with it. The prongs (?) are set up different from what would normally fit into the sockets in my house. I'm guessing they're different because it came from Australia, but then I don't know where to even plug the OTHER end of it into. There's nowhere it'd fit on the actual tablet, and I don't know if it's supposed to plug into my computer or what.

Anyways, if anyone could help with this problem, I'd be eternally grateful. Also, I'm wondering if anyone else has had a problem similar to this?

Thanks. Oh, and I hope I posted this in the right folder... I didn't really know where to go, lol :p

2. Porcupine

Porcupine Thread Starter

Anyone? I'm wondering if I just need to buy a new adapter or what?
    Oh and if it helps, the model is Intuos GD I believe

3. qldit

qldit

Good Morning Porcupine, I am sorry to have to say the last chap I saw with one of those also had endless problems mainly involving drivers.
    As I recall there was some form of conflict with an ordinary mouse at that time.

You might checkout their site http://www.wacom.com/productinfo/index.cfm

They have manauals, drivers and all the stuff there.

The gadget you describe sounds like an AC adapter, usually having two offset spade type pins for the mains and a lead with a DC plug on it.
    It should have a data plate of some description on it.

Their technical product support was pretty helpful. No further comment.

Cheers, qldit.

4. Porcupine

Porcupine Thread Starter

I'm going to be taking it in to a gadgets shop, hopefully they can determine what's the problem with it =\
    It's really starting to bother me. (n)

5. qldit

qldit

Yes I seem to recall they need to be powered, and when the machine is switched on, you should go through the "new hardware found" routine. From your description you aren't getting there.
    For some odd reason I don't currently have a Wacom!
    qldit.

6. wilson44512

wilson44512

i never seen one with a ac adapter. it must be old? what model number is it? i got this one from circuit city a couple of month ago an it works great. when it comes to buying things like that for my PC. i never get used. to much hassle.
    http://www.wacom.com/graphire/4x5.cfm
    plus go into administrative tool click on services an scroll down till it says tablet service an make sure its started. when i first installed mine i had to go in there an set it to automatic so it will start when my PC was started. an if you don't want it to start all the time set it to manual. an when you want to use it just go in the services an manually start it up

7. Porcupine

Porcupine Thread Starter

Yeah it's an older one, a "Wacom Tablet Intuos GD-0608-R", if it doesn't end up working, I may just sell it and buy a newer model. I'll try what you suggested.

Edit: Okay, tried that, but there's no tablet service shortcut. :S

8. wilson44512

wilson44512

9. Porcupine

Porcupine Thread Starter

Hmm... I've tried both drivers already, and they still don't work. I've figured out where to plug one end of the adapter into, but I'm going to have to get a universal adapter so I can actually plug it into the wall. I'm going to have to go out and buy a new one. My old universal doesn't work.

10. qldit

qldit

Good Morning Happy Chappies, from memory it was a 9 volt DC source with the positive in the centre, but I am probably wrong as usual.
    Is anything helpful moulded in the plastic case?
    By the way anything from Australia will only be 240V 50 cycles AC.
    qldit.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/466717

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice