Tech Support Guy banner

Wacor's pics

13K views 144 replies 17 participants last post by  wacor 
#1 ·
Got a new camera to play with so thought I might as well post some pics

This is walking the dog today in a nature preserve that starts in the back of our subdivision.

Today was the first day it was warm enough and dry enough. As Stoner mentioned in his thread it is pretty dreary looking this early in the year.

See less See more
#6 ·
another one walking down the path which I think winds around for somewhere between a mile and 2 miles

it is nice because there are not many that use it so I can let the dog loose most of the time.

I had a picture I as trying to take of a couple of ducks wading thru the creek but at the last 2nd they flushed out.

#7 ·
Good shots, Bill.
I did notice the panorama link is down.

Don't worry about the quality of the panos......I take lots of shots I throw away.
Often I shoot the same target several times before I get what I want, and even then I crop out a lot of distortion.

What model camera did you wind up getting?

#8 ·
Good shots, Bill.
I did notice the panorama link is down.

Don't worry about the quality of the panos......I take lots of shots I throw away.
Often I shoot the same target several times before I get what I want, and even then I crop out a lot of distortion.

What model camera did you wind up getting?
Thanks Jack

I bought the Nikon D80

I can't due it justice yet.

These were all on auto

Gonna take some time and patience to learn how to make it really work.

#10 ·
Good choice of cameras wacor and good pictures as well...

look forward to many more... :)

buck

#12 ·
This is another couple pics in the preserve. There were a male and female duck wading in the water. The tree was in the way so I could not get the male. I will post these large as it would be hard to see the female. The 2nd pic was taken as the ducks flew off. Either the dog or the camera clicking flushed them.

#13 ·
Looks like you are enjoying your new camera. The wooded pics remind me of when I visited my grand parents in Benton Harbor, MI. They lived on the edge of some woods with a creek. My brother, me, the neighbor kids and the dog would spend hours playing down there.

Looks like Maggie is having a good time.

#14 ·
Here are a couple of pics I took at night.

The first pic was actually pretty dark out. I wish I knew what setting I had it at. :p

Anybody who watches golf when it gets too late would appreciate how a camera can distort things. It was way darker than this picture indicates.

This is a pic taken of the same view. 9pm eastern time tonite. very dark. I bought a remote for the camera so there would be no movement but can not get it to always work. so had to hit the button and thus the distortion of the green sign in the background that is a Bank Sign about 1 1/2 miles away on a high rise building.

#20 ·
If I can ever get a my scanner to work I will post a pic I took when my son and I got the opportunity go on the roof of the Silverdome. I became friends with a fellow that had been the head of maintenence operations for several years. So he took us on a tour. I have a scrap piece of the roof. It was a patch they had taken out. Very thin. Good thing I did not see that before going on the roof. :D

#26 ·
Put the camera to good use...................go to youir local 'Hooters' and post the shots.:up:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.