1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

waiting

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by crusader, Apr 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. crusader

crusader Thread Starter

Since downloading IE 8 it is taking me ages to get on web sites (I have tried to post this 3 times) the search bar just says waiting for http etc. Sometimes hlaf the page will load and sometimes not at all. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but still no joy. To be honest IE 7 was only a tad better. No probs with my Broadband connection and I have no viruses? Any ideas folks? thanks

2. crusader

crusader Thread Starter

Sorry for posting twice but again page had hung and I refreshed it. N.B sometimes the page says 'Done' and only the top banner is present???

3. raybro

raybro

Best suggestion I can provide is to forget IE any version and use Mozilla Firefox as your default browser. If you install the Coral IE Tabs add-on, you will not even need IE for Windows Update or any other site which requires IE.

Once you get FF setup and customized to your needs, you will never go back to IE. There are many other alternate browsers available and tried a few, but, IMHO, FF stands above them all.

Raybro

4. How'dIdoThat

How'dIdoThat

First Name:
    RWF
    Are you using any toolbars like Google or Yahoo ? IE8 already has a toolbar so I'd say remove all others.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/916169

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice