waiting

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

crusader

Since downloading IE 8 it is taking me ages to get on web sites (I have tried to post this 3 times) the search bar just says waiting for http etc. Sometimes hlaf the page will load and sometimes not at all. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but still no joy. To be honest IE 7 was only a tad better. No probs with my Broadband connection and I have no viruses? Any ideas folks? thanks

crusader

Sorry for posting twice but again page had hung and I refreshed it. N.B sometimes the page says 'Done' and only the top banner is present???

Best suggestion I can provide is to forget IE any version and use Mozilla Firefox as your default browser. If you install the Coral IE Tabs add-on, you will not even need IE for Windows Update or any other site which requires IE.

Once you get FF setup and customized to your needs, you will never go back to IE. There are many other alternate browsers available and tried a few, but, IMHO, FF stands above them all.

Raybro

Are you using any toolbars like Google or Yahoo ? IE8 already has a toolbar so I'd say remove all others.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online