1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wake On Lan question

Discussion in 'Networking' started by donnyb, Jan 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. donnyb

donnyb Thread Starter

I just moved out of state, and as such, am now using a new internet provider. Before I moved, WOL was set up and was working perfectly. When I set up my computer at my new house, I've lost the WOL function. Any idea where I should look?

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I have only tried to make this work within my own home network. Haven't even yet tried to WOL from outside my home.

2. lastrachris

lastrachris

Sometimes your BIOS is in control of this as well. Check your BIOS if WOL is an option.

3. JazzySOUL

JazzySOUL

Check your bios settings and see if the option to wake on lan is enabled, then check your ethernet adapter settings too. Also are you trying to wake a pc wirelessly (with no 2nd router or wireless extender connected to it via ethernet) or is it connected to the network via ethernet? Please give details of your setup.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1083720

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice