Wake On Lan question

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

donnyb

I just moved out of state, and as such, am now using a new internet provider. Before I moved, WOL was set up and was working perfectly. When I set up my computer at my new house, I've lost the WOL function. Any idea where I should look?

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I have only tried to make this work within my own home network. Haven't even yet tried to WOL from outside my home.

Check your bios settings and see if the option to wake on lan is enabled, then check your ethernet adapter settings too. Also are you trying to wake a pc wirelessly (with no 2nd router or wireless extender connected to it via ethernet) or is it connected to the network via ethernet? Please give details of your setup.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!