1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

wake up from sleep mode issue. please help :)

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by thegreatdekay, Jan 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. thegreatdekay

thegreatdekay Thread Starter

Hi all,

I just finished building my first computer yesterday. Everything seems to be working just great, except when I put my computer in sleep mode and try to wake it up.

Here is my issue: When I put my computer to sleep, it works fine. When I try to wake it up (by pressing power button or hitting key on keyboard), it powers on for a brief second and then shuts down. The only way to get it back on is by pressing the power button again, resetting the pc. I just want to know how to set it up so when i hit a key on my keyboard it will wake up with no issues. Side notes: I have disabled hybrid sleep mode and clicked the box to allow keyboard to wake computer.

Please help. Thank you.

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Did you install all Windows 7 updates including Service Pack 1?

3. thegreatdekay

the OEM copy of win7 professional included SP1. and yes i downloaded lots of windows updates. :)

4. thegreatdekay

here are my system specs too: i5 2500k, asus sabertooth p67, corsair hx750 psu, gskill ripjaw x 8gb 1600, crucial 256gb ssd, coolermaster hyper 212+ cpu cooler, evga gtx 570 sc. I downloaded and installed all the most recent mother drivers (chipset, lan, usb, audio) and gpu driver from [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue ! important]nvidia[/COLOR][/COLOR].

5. thegreatdekay

more information: when I put the computer to sleep, then to wake it up: hit my spacebar on keyboard: the flashing power LED then goes out. I then press the power button on PC..it briefly turns on and then turns off. When i hit the power button again it is booting up and i have to select start windows normally

6. johnebadbak

johnebadbak

control panel go to systems and security/power options edit what power buttons do. keyboard and power button etc...

7. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Check the Event Logs to see if there's any information as to why it won't stay running after coming out of stand by.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1037759

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice