1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

wall stud detector development

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by OUstudent, Aug 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. OUstudent

OUstudent Thread Starter

I am an Open University design student and I have no software development knowledge. I would like to know if it is possible to modify an existing wall stud detector that uses ultra-wide band radar, so that the received radar waves could be transposed into an image on a screen of what is behind the wall?

2. ckphilli

ckphilli

I would think, yes. Do I know how, no. Here's a video for a project, you might want to google the names and such to get more info: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7SrDGVakwY

3. valis

valis Moderator

Man, that would be fun to have......I'd hide a skeleton made out of tinfoil in a wall just to watch the reaction......:)

thanks for the idea. (y)

4. OUstudent

OUstudent Thread Starter

Thanks for this. It looks very interesting. I like the skeleton idea, lol

5. ckphilli

ckphilli

Keep us updated if you pursue anything, this does look really neat.

The benefits are astounding. No more missed studs when drilling...no chance of cutting a wire...bug inspection...you name it.

:)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1065321