1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wallpaper On Two Monitors

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by Knucinos, Sep 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Knucinos

Knucinos Thread Starter

Is there any easy way to have two different wallpapers on each screen? The way I've been doing it is to go into Customize Desktop and add an individual picture to the desktop through the Web tab, but that causes the icons on the desktop to look horrible for some reason.

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Create your wallpaper by joining two pictures together.

My monitors are 1024 x 768 resolution, I create a 2048 x 765 image using Irfanview to join the images. Then it spans exactly, giving a picture on each.

3. Knucinos

Knucinos Thread Starter

But how do I get the wallpaper to span across both screens? When I add a wallpaper, it just puts one of that picture on each screen.

4. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

I assume XP (which is what my crystal ball says, as you do not mention it, but it really would help to know)

Create a picture twice the width. As explained above

When you set it as a desktop chose "Tile", not "Center" or "Stretch"

Then it spans both desktops. If its not double width it gets stretched

5. Knucinos

Knucinos Thread Starter

Awesome, it worked. And yeah, I have XP.

Heh, I never even thought of trying tile. Thanks a lot.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/273346

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice