Wallpaper Won’t Stretch

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rschmauch

I wanted to use my own picture as a wallpaper. I did what I was suppose to do. Then you get those options such as center, fill, tile, etc. I want to stretch the picture, but when I do, nothing happens. All of the other options work. I never had an issue before like this concerning the wallpaper. Anything about what could be causing this issue?

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit, Build 7601, Installed 20140828230917.000000-240
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU 550 @ 3.20GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 5, CPU Count: 4
Total Physical RAM: 6 GB
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics
Hard Drives: C: 921 GB (262 GB Free);
Motherboard: Dell Inc. 0C2KJT, ver A00, s/n CN736040A9049U.
System: Dell Inc., ver DELL - 20100706, s/n 691VNN1
Antivirus: Bitdefender Antivirus, Enabled and Updated

rschmauch

I'm not sure. I think that ever since this past Tuesday's updates (1/14/20), it screwed something up with wallpapers/themes in Windows 7.

plodr

Liz
I have not done January patches yet. (four Win 7 computers in the house)
If you think that was the cause, remove the patch, reboot and see if the picture fits the screen.

Johnny b

John
That seems a minor issue since it doesn't affect functionality and can be worked around, but not providing a free fix for their mistake seems a poke in the eye for Win 7 users caught in the trap of having to accept rollups as an absolute. ( a problem I had with the first Win 7 rollup )

plodr

Liz
Yes, I finally read about that stretch bug after I posted on Jan. 19th.
Since then I have installed the January updates, checking before hand to see if any of the four computers used stretch. None did, so I was spared from that black screen issue.

I wanted to check for my own knowledge if the bug affected the security only update because I install that rather than the huge bundle with who knows what is included as "quality".

So before I installed 4534314, I changed the picture and the setting from fill to stretch on one computer. I installed the update and rebooted. I got the black desktop with icons and taskbar showing.
I immediately right clicked, selected personalize and changed the wallpaper and the setting from stretch to fill and the picture came back.

I'm not sure MS will make any attempt to correct this issue. In the meantime, you can use the fill option. Eventually, someone might come up with a fix. (I follow what happens at Woody Leonhard's site and forum). If I see anything posted there, I will post a link so you can read about a possible solution.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
posted this morning
https://www.askwoody.com/2020/microsoft-blinks-again-promises-to-clean-up-after-its-win7-mess/
apparently MS will fix this stretched problem.

I'll keep checking and post as the details come in.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online