1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Walpaper Conflict ?

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by geoff3bee, Jan 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. geoff3bee

geoff3bee Thread Starter

Re:- Win98, 233mmx,64k ram.
    Sorry, I'm not that conversant with computer lingo ! please answer in english.... Thanks.

I have a conflict that seems to affect ( amongst others ) my wallpaper, when using other programmes e.g :- opening / closing files etc !

The colouring of the wallpaper changes from it's normal appearance to that which I suppose is best described as being seen through a heat sensitive camera !

No defined out-lines and colours run-into each other !

This happens right from starting-up as well as opening or closing files, programmes and shutting-down ?

I have used a virus checker, but all seems to be okay ?

2. brianF

brianF

First thing I would try is to update the video drivers. Check the video card manufacturers site for updated video drivers for your system.

3. geoff3bee

geoff3bee Thread Starter

Had this trouble before about three years ago.

A friend at the time was installing a second hard drive and discovered this fault.

I don't know what he exactly did, but altered the settings somewhere and all was restored !

I can only assume that all is okay within, but mixed-up somehow !

Thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/65466

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice