1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

walpaper trouble

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by scutch2222, Sep 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. scutch2222

scutch2222 Thread Starter

Somebody recently put a wal paper of some lizard as my back round on my xp home. I go to change it threw the usual way control panel and it will still not go away!.... can anyone give me any ideas

2. Mr_Webmaster

Mr_Webmaster

Did you try making it have no background?

3. scutch2222

yes i did and all it did was nothing ...still any ideas?

4. KeithKman

KeithKman

do this:

1) restart computer

2) then try to change it.

5. scutch2222

still nothing:(

6. r00ted

r00ted

are you sure its a wallpaper? Or...is it like maybe some weird program that is "stuck" on ur wallpaper? Ive never heard such a thing......but maybe it would be possible? Im not sure..

Have u tried scanning with HiJackThis, AntiVirus (I prefer HouseCall from trendmicro.com), and then Spybot S&D?

About the only thing I can think of.....if the background keeps coming back.....is is ur computer running Deep Freeze? At my HS last year (yea....I graduated :p ) they had Deep Freeze on there computers, so that when the comps were shutdown none of the options were saved.....Only other thing I can think of is there is something in the startup that is changing the background on startup through some command line or something, but even that, Im not sure if tahts possible heh.

7. milomorai

milomorai

are you using active desktop? if so, right click on desktop, choose active and look for a checked item. it should be the wallpaper and if it is uncheck it, then look for the file name and delete it.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!