WAMP + Apache?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

DexterDave

Hi All

I have Apache 2.2 installed on my Windows 7 PC. Now I'm doing a vid course on php-mysql, and they
recommended installing WAMP which has php, apache and mysql all in one. Now I installed it. Can I have both Apache and WAMP installed together, or should I remove apache?

Thanks

WAMP is the "Software Containter" which holds list of software. Even you can install XAMPP as an alternate to WAMP(I have that). If you have Apache installed along, then the WAMP installation has overridden it, or installed in a different place. The problem of this is, your computer will face problems when finding the Server. So the answer is, remove apache if it is bothering(because WAMP) has that, or keep it if it is not causing matters. But I recommend removing apache because no use of keeping two installations of the same software.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online